1. Twitter - Far and away one of the most popular social networks around. This micro-tweeting platform is used worldwide and especially in education (search hash tags, edchat or edtech).
2. Classroom 2.0 - Created by Steve Hargadon and used by thousands of educators on a daily basis. This site alone changed the way I viewed education and ignited my passion for Web 2.0.
3. Facebook -nuff said!!
4. Plurk - A social network similar to Twitter with a timeline view and fun karma-based platform.
5. Educator's PLN - Built by Thomas Whitby, this social network is one of the fastest growing around and some of the top technology based innovators can be found here.
6. Learn Central - Sponsored by elluminate, Learn Central is an ideal place for educators to host or learn through its virtual conferences.
7. ISTE Community - International Society for Technology & Education is a great place for educators to collaborate on technology issues.
8. Edutopia - A very popular organization created by the George Lucas foundation.
9. Collaborative Translation - Created by well renowned educator James O'Reilly, CT is a great place to learn and share innovative ideas.
10. IT4ALL - Integrating Technology 4 Active Life-Long Learners is a nice place for educators to share best practices for technology integration.
David Kapuler was the media and technology specialist at Greendale (Wis.) School District. Read his blog at cyber-kap.blogspot.com.